Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, June 25, 2024

QT 6/25/2024 Titus 2:9-10, Being a witness at work

Titus 2:9–10 (ESV) — 9 Bondservants are to be submissive to their own masters in everything; they are to be well-pleasing, not argumentative, 10 not pilfering, but showing all good faith, so that in everything they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior.

 

NOTE: If you have a job, submit to your boss. It is okay to be well-pleasing as opposed to brown-nosing. It is not good to be argumentative, although honesty is a very good virtue. I tried to please my bosses in my work lifetime, but there were times where I had to "disagree" or at least suggest an alternative. Sometimes the boss agreed with me, and sometimes not. When he/she disagreed, I did what I was told with all the energy and enthusiasm I had. In retrospect, I'm not sure why, but I developed a good work ethic and very good relationships with all my bosses. Later, when I assumed Command (military) or was the boss (civilian), I understood those I could trust (honest employees) and those that I needed to take their pleasing comments with a grain of salt. I also found that by trusting people, giving them responsibility, and not micromanaging, I created an atmosphere where people liked working for me and were open and honest with me (well, to the extent people can be honest). It is important to treat people as you would want to be treated. And it is very important to be more concerned for their careers than your own. Maybe that cost me an opportunity or two along the way -- I don't know -- but it did make me a good representative for Jesus Christ in the workplace.

 

PONDER:

  1. What kind of an employee am I?
  2. What kind of boss am I?
  3. Am I secure in who I am or do I try to project someone I am not?

 

PRAYER: Father, even though I am retired, I still plan to work at times in the near future. I pray that I can mentor others to be good leaders and that I will continue to work hard myself to submit and to lead with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment