Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, June 5, 2024

QT 6/5/2024 2 Tim 3:10-13, Living for what really matters

2 Timothy 3:10–13 (ESV) — 10 You, however, have followed my teaching, my conduct, my aim in life, my faith, my patience, my love, my steadfastness, 11 my persecutions and sufferings that happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, and at Lystra—which persecutions I endured; yet from them all the Lord rescued me. 12 Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13 while evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

 

NOTE: The life of faith is not an easy one. The promise is that everyone who desires to life a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted. That is hardly a health and wealth gospel message. Paul's life was difficult. If we came to Christ for an easy comfortable life, we will be disappointed. There is peace, a peace that passes all understanding. There is a type of rest that comes with spiritual maturity, a confidence in God and what he is doing -- a belief that he knows what I am going through, he cares, and he is bringing about good in my life. But a rich, comfortable lifestyle? No, rather a relationship with God which far exceeds anything the world has to offer. We need to continue to seek him, daily, and with all of our heart.

 

PONDER:

  1. How serious am I in my relationship with God?
  2. Who do I love more, the world and the things of the world, or God?

 

PRAYER: Father, help me to see where I need to live more closely to you. Fill me with the joy of your Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment