Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, June 6, 2024

QT 6/6/2024 2 Tim 3:14-17, Learning should never stop

2 Timothy 3:14–17 (ESV) — 14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it 15 and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

 

NOTE: Paul writes that Timothy is to "… continue in what you have learned … the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation …." I think what we don't understand is that 'being saved' is not the end of learning for our salvation. We need to continue to study and learn because that will be important even when we are in the millennial kingdom. There is a reward for how we lived our life as well as how we have learned and applied God's word. We receive that reward after our life is over. We need scripture now and in our future home. We need to be serious about Gods' word.

 

PONDER:

  1. Am I still learning, even after being saved?
  2. While I can't lose my salvation, I can be ready for future service by my commitment to God's word now. What am I doing to be a learner and a doer of God's word?

 

PRAYER: Father, thank you for the heart to study and learn your word. Continue to teach me and use me in these days and in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment