Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

QT 6/26/2024 Titus 2:11-14, The other salvation …

Titus 2:11–14 (ESV) — 11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, 12 training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, 13 waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works.

 

NOTE: Salvation does not end at justification, that point in time where we exchange our sinfulness for Christ's righteousness -- that point where we believe in Jesus. Salvation does not end there but continues in a process called sanctification. Our position and hope changed at salvation, our mind and character change during sanctification. We must not be satisfied with justification, there is so much more to knowing God. It absolutely requires daily time with the savior, allowing him to speak to us through His word, and for us to share our concerns through prayer. Van Oosterzee commented on this passage, "

 

"The true learning of heaven must begin with the unlearning and laying off of all which stands in the way of the development of the new man."

 

Too many Christians are satisfied with their positional change and not with their acquisition of the rest that the Hebrews chapters 3-4 present. This rest comes through spiritual maturity, and spiritual maturity is achieved in the sanctification process.

 

PONDER:

  1. Am I fully engaged in the process of sanctification and really knowing my God?
  2. Or am I satisfied with playing the church game and doing my own thing the rest of the time?

 

PRAYER: Father, continue to help me to grow in you. Lead me and guide me in this new stage of life. Help me to see your purpose for me in this last third.

No comments:

Post a Comment