Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, May 11, 2018

QT 11 May 18, Gal 1:9-10, Our need is a gospel from God, not of our own making


Week
Passage
Date
Verse
Thought
Prayer
2
Gal 1:6-10
5/11
Galatians 1:9–10 (ESV) —
9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed. 10 For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.
The world would like a simpler gospel. In context, some Galatians wanted a gospel that added works which doesn't seem simpler but made themselves the authors of their salvation. But God saved us entirely on his own and not on the basis of anything we did. We are attracted to the gospel not because of earthly rewards, but because we became cognizant of our sin and our impending punishment. We come to Christ, not for riches, but for salvation. We do not want Hell, we want heaven.
Thank you for saving us from our rightly earned reward -- the wages of sin is death. Thank you for a gift which is beyond our human ability to touch. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment