Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

QT 1 May 18, Matt 16:22, This world is not the reward


Week
QT Passage
Date
Verse
Thought
Prayer
1
Matt 16:21-26
5/1
Matthew 16:22 (ESV) — And Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him, saying, “Far be it from you, Lord! This shall never happen to you.”
Peter wanted the easy way, the good life, the reward here on earth. Peter had his mind set on the things of man. But Jesus says that whoever would save his life will lose it. Real life is found is losing our life for Jesus' sake. That is where we find real life.
Father, I fall into that trap so often. Forgive me for seeking the good life on earth. The good life is knowing you and serving you. It is a hard way, but it is worth it in the end. Open my eyes to the things that you are doing in the lives of people I get to touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment