Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, May 14, 2018

QT 14 May 18, 2 Cor 4:12, We need to thank our spiritual parents for their service of love


Week
Passage
Date
Verse
Thought
Prayer
3
2 Cor 4:1-12
5/14
2 Corinthians 4:12 (ESV) — So death is at work in us, but life in you.
The early apostles and actually workers of the gospel have given much over the years for the sake of others. They died to self in order to bring others to Christ. They believed in a much greater reward, an eternal reward, that was worth every pain and struggle that life through at them. I am humbled by these saints. Their reward is great and rightly so. They made themselves nothing to make something out of nothing.
Father, thank you for the men who have invested in my life and who gave up much in order to serve myself and others. They obeyed your call. Bless them. Encourage them. Give them great joy as they see their children serve you. And we, their spiritual children, will rise up and call them blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment