Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, May 7, 2018

QT 7 May 18, Rom 1:17, The Christian life is accessed by faith and lived by faith


Week
QT Passage
Date
Verse
Thought
Prayer
2
Rom 1:8-17
5/7
Romans 1:17 (ESV) — For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”
We enter by faith but we also live by faith. We could not enter by works. We cannot live the Christian life by works. We must call upon God daily for help in living. We called on God initially for salvation, so each day must be a call out to God for sanctification. It easy to fall into the trap of works-based sanctification. And it certainly does require right choices and a willingness to work. But it also calls for dependence on our savior.
Father, help me as I try to live out the word of God. Give me self-control in my speech and actions. Give me kindness and gentleness toward those who may not respond reciprocally. Give me the light of Christ that shines outside of me toward others.

No comments:

Post a Comment