Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

QT 15 May 18, 2 Cor 4:17-18, Heaven will be far greater than anything on earth


Week
Passage
Date
Verse
Thought
Prayer
3
2 Cor 4:13-18
5/15
2 Corinthians 4:17–18 (ESV) — 17 For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, 18 as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
I have said this often, that light momentary is a slight understatement--certainly for Paul, but also for my own life. Still, it is good to know that there is a purpose. It is preparing me for something that is far beyond anything that I might compare it to. How can that be? I don't know. I can't conceive. But I can believe that the unseen things, the eternal things, are far greater than the seen material transient things of this world.
Father, forgive me for my love of things. They constantly tempt me and draw my affection away from you. I know they won't last. I know and believe the unseen is better. But the inner man fights against me. Forgive me and help me to keep my eyes focused on the things that truly have value.

No comments:

Post a Comment