Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

QT 30 May 18, Matt 7:19--20, The good tree bears evidence of the change


Week
Passage
Date
Verse
Thought
Prayer
5
Matt 7:13-20
5/30
Matthew 7:19–20 (ESV) —
19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.
The sign of a believer is transformation. Paul writes that "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." Real faith is evidenced by change, it is not obtained by change. Salvation is a gift that a truly repentant sinner will desire with all of his heart. Just like the parable of the person who lost one sheep or one coin and searched diligently to find it. When they found it, they rejoiced exceedingly. That is how important salvation should be -- the impact will be noticeable. It will be transformative.
Father, I am more secure than ever regarding my salvation because I could not be the person I am today without your transforming power in my life. I struggle in many ways, but so did Paul. But, I recognize my struggles, and I seek to grow and change. Thank you so much for my salvation. I can't say it with enough emphasis that it deserves, … THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment