Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, May 4, 2018

QT 4 May 18, John 12:20-24, Living up to God's expectations, not the world's


Week
QT Passage
Date
Verse
Thought
Prayer
1
John 12:20-26
5/4
John 12:20–24 (ESV) —
20 Now among those who went up to worship at the feast were some Greeks. , “Sir, we wish to see Jesus.” and Philip went and told Jesus. 23 And Jesus answered them, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. 24 Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.
Popularity and the things that the world values are not the things that God values. We need to give up our ambitions for this life and serve God. He will place us where he wants us to serve. We need to be the very best at whatever our job is, because we serve God and not man, but we shouldn't be worried about the things of the world or even the views of the world.
Father, forgive me for applying the world's standards to my life. I want to do your will not mine. Help me to see it and walk in it. Help me experience even a greater depth of real life, the knowledge of doing your will and living for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment