Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

QT 29 May 18, Deut 30:19, We can determine the quality of our spiritual life on earth by our choices


Week
Passage
Date
Verse
Thought
Prayer
5
Deut 30:11-20
5/29
Deuteronomy 30:19 (ESV) — I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live,
In the OT, the covenant was both a physical and spiritual covenant. In the NT, it is primarily spiritual, but I think the principal remains. We choose life or death (in a spiritual sense) by the choices we make. No, we cannot lose our salvation, but we can affect the spiritual quality of our life (death) by poor choices. It is similar to the rest that the author of Hebrews talks about in chapter 4. It is possible in this life to enter the rest of spiritual maturity. Or it is possible to miss out based on poor choices. We still have eternal life, but we missed out on how God could have used our life.
Lord, help me to remember that my choices in this life affect the quality of my relationship with you. Sin separates and puts up a barrier in our relationship. Give me strength to say no to the temptations of sin and choose life.

No comments:

Post a Comment