Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, May 21, 2018

QT 21 May 18, Eph 2:10, God uses our failures for his purpose


Week
Passage
Date
Verse
Thought
Prayer
4
Eph 2:1-10
5/21
Ephesians 2:10 (ESV) —
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
We have been transformed and changed by the gospel. We are not the persons we were. We are now God's handiwork. But we are also created for good works. God has prepared us. As I look back on the years of discipleship, I see a lot of failures. But those failures have brought me to where I am today. I know what works and what does not work. Because I failed, I know what I should be doing.
Father, thank you for the failures. They weren't really all failures as you accomplished much good in the lives of many men. But, I didn't really make disciples. Now, I see that it is possible to make disciples. Give me grace to make disciples as you intend.

No comments:

Post a Comment