Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, May 3, 2018

QT 3 May 18, Matt 10:39, Real life is found not in this world or the things of this world, but is found in giving it all up for Jesus


Week
QT Passage
Date
Verse
Thought
Prayer
1
Matt 10:34-39
5/3
Matthew 10:39 (ESV) — Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
Jesus says something similar in at least three different occasions. If you try to save your life or even find your life, you will lose it. Real life is found in losing your life for Jesus' sake. What does that mean? It means that I sacrifice my goals, my pleasures, my plans, my schedule, my things, my money, my treasure for Jesus' sake. I live sold out for Jesus and I am to consider all things loss for the sake of the gospel.
Father, The world beckons me. It entices me. It drags me to worship it. Forgive me when I try to live for the things that are unworthy of you. I want to live for you and be used by you to impact this world for Jesus Christ. Help me to keep my focus on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment