Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Historical QT 21 Feb 1990, Don't try to control the emotions of life -- it is not really living


1 John 2:22 (NIV) Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist — he denies the Father and the Son.

NOTE: At least there is one area of the Christian life I am succeeding -- I do not deny that Jesus is the Christ. My words affirm the fact often; but, do my actions? Do my actions show that I really believe in the Son of God who loved (& loves) me so much he gave his life for me. There is no depth deep enough to measure the Father & Son's love for me. How I must disappoint them. Yet their love overcomes disappointment just as my love for my daughter forgets her failures. I can't ever really comprehend so great a love -- someone truly loves me -- as I have always desired to be loved.

PRAYER: Father, in your love, heal my son. The pain and struggles he goes through day after day are very draining. He hurts so much, he complains so little, I feel so ashamed. Please, Father, I love Luke, not as you do, bur as much as I can, heal my son, please.

((TODAY, 28 Jul 2012: There are few more posts for 1990, but apparently I started putting my notes in a book that I no longer own. At this point (Feb 1990), I may still be under the impression that Luke will always be trache-dependent -- I don't  remember. I do know that by the end of the year, 11 Nov 1990, three years to the day, Luke will complete the decannulation process that began with an earlier surgery (in the Fall) to rebuild the airway using cartilage from the ear. There will be doctors and nurses gathered around Luke's bed as the trache is pulled out and the stoma covered up (the actual hole heals closed within hours). There were a lot of smiles and joy in the faces of all the nurses and doctors who cared for Luke so much over the three years -- they were so happy for Luke and for us. Surprisingly, the two least happy persons are the same two who wanted to get rid of the trache so much, the parents. I was excited to see the trache gone, but as soon as it was gone, the thought hit me (as it hit Sharon) -- now what will we do if Luke cannot breath -- there is no trache to replace. It was a bitter sweet moment and it took some time to overcome the fear deep within our hearts. Every time Luke would cough, aspirate a little, or get a cold, my stomach started to turn within me, because I didn't know what would happen next. We lived for years waiting for the other shoe to fall because we were so used to disappointments. But I learned during those years, that it is wrong to live in the plains of life, just because you did not want to experience the valleys again. I learned to climb the mountains and enjoy the top, rather than stay on the plain because I didn't want to be disappointed (the valleys). It is not really living when we quench what God has given to us. I have learned to be joyful and I have learned to cry -- I have learned to live life and enjoy it as God intended.))

No comments:

Post a Comment