Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Historical QT 6 Mar 1988, God does provide, we just forget


Ps 86:10 For you are great and do marvelous deeds; you alone are God.

NOTE: God, I've seen your marvelous deeds over and over again, yet I still don't trust you enough to do the impossible. Thank you for the $2000 gift. That gift relieves a lot of anxieties which we shouldn't have anyway. The next question is how should we use this extra money? Should we buy a van with AC power to be able to transport Luke further distances, and incidentally relieve another major anxiety? Please lead us clearly Lord. It's my desire to get a van but I want to do your will.

((TODAY, 19 July 2012: The gift was a collection of money from people we had known in Navigator ministries over the years. They were very generous. Ultimately we used the gift to pay off our portion of the medical equipment bill that CHAMPUS would not cover. I don't believe we ever got a van until we moved to Washington DC three years later, but my memory is not clear. I do know we also bought a generator so that we could continue to run Luke's medical equipment in case of storms or power outages.  But more than anything, the gift was one of many reminders that we really weren't forgotten by God. In fact, the only true forgetting was our tendency to forget what God had done in the past when a new crisis would emerge. That is very common when emotions are strong such as in a time of severe suffering. And, reminding someone of God's previous provision isn't beneficial during the early days of the pain. Once the pain has subsided, logical arguments bear more weight, but they are actually very insensitive during the moment of pain.))

No comments:

Post a Comment