Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Historical QT 21 Nov 1987, We are God's shoulders to the hurting


No passage

NOTE: These days have been very hard on Sharon and I. There have been times when we felt we were deserted by God or that he had not heard our prayers. The aerovac flight took better part of two days five different stops. We were emotionally and physically exhausted when we arrived at Wilford Hall. Then Luke went through some breathing problems. It was hard not to cry and Sharon couldn't hold it back. The Temporary Lodging Facility (TLF) room wasn't what we expected. It was one room and it seemed lonely and dark. We have no car, we were stranded. It was at that point where I felt like giving up. It was too hard to live. It hurt too much. My stomach was in a lot of pain and I was afraid for my wife and daughter -- what would they do if I died?  My only thoughts were -- God don't you care? I can't say I've ever had a lower point in my life. But I believe the Lord knew our needs better than I. My choice to live in the TLF because it was close to the hospital seemed logical at first, but God wanted us to live with some close Christian friends with children, 40 minutes away from the hospital. They lent us a car and they lent us themselves and their home. That is what my family needed and God knew it. I've never known so much pain and heartache, I hope I can help others who have it.

((Today, 7 July 2012: Those were very hard days. I know they were hard on the Dilla's who opened their house to us for 5 weeks. I was looking for some tangible evidence of God's love and it was right before us. They were God's shoulders that we needed to cry upon. It is a very difficult thing to open a home to non-family, especially for an extended period of time. We have had some opportunity and realize the sacrifice required. But God calls us to be his extension of love to those around us who are hurting. Sometimes that love calls for major sacrifices. May we be faithful to answer his call at those times.))

No comments:

Post a Comment