Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Historical QT 29 Feb 1988, Understanding unanswered prayers


Ps 86:4 (NIV) Bring joy to your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.

NOTE: Why does it seem Lord that you do not answer Sharon's and my prayers? I must assume, based on my puny knowledge, you do answer our prayers, but are answering them in ways we would not like. Again, I must assume that you love us and know our needs best, therefore your lack of answers to us and the multiplication of our troubles is for our good. Lord, I will continue to petition you and ask for joy again. I pray that my family could experience joy and not burdens. How much longer must we undergo these afflictions? When will you intervene with your might power? I will trust you, for to you I lift up my soul.

((TODAY, 18 July 2012: I remember an incident which actually happened six times the first year -- Luke would get pneumonia from a tracheal fistula that allowed liquids from his food pipe to leak into his air pipe. When he was getting a pneumonia, he would aspirate a lot, that is, a juicy cough which was clearing fluid from his air pipe and lungs. At night, even as he tried to sleep, this little 5 month baby would wake up and cough every minute or two. It was so hard to sit there with him. It seemed like agony late at night. I remember asking God to give him relief so that he could sleep, but it would never happen. And then the temperature would rise and we would head to the emergency room again, often times for an extended stay in the pediatric intensive care unit. I think that pain is more difficult to take when it is occurring to your children than when it comes upon you. I know we did learn a lot through that and we could feel the pain of others with children that suffer, but it is a lesson I wished I have never learned.))

No comments:

Post a Comment