Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Historical QT 30 Jan 1988, When does the weeping end?


Ps 30:5b (NIV) . . . weeping may remain for a night,
but rejoicing comes in the morning.

NOTE: Lord, when will it be morning? The night seems so long and so lonely. You promise to meet our every need. Phil 4:19 "And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Lord you promise, I want to claim this promise for my life and may family. When I go to work, please take care of my family. Give Sharon the strength she needs to take care of both Luke and Sarah. Watch over Luke, help him to do better breathing and eating. Lord we need some peace; we need some joy once again in our lives. In Jesus' name, Amen.

((TODAY, 12 Jul 2012: The night did seem so long back then. I'm not sure when it did end. Even three years later, after a key surgery that was finally successful, it was not completely ended. The aches inside continued to turn my stomach every time something new would occur. I suppose the most difficult thing to understand is perseverance, because you really don't think you can take it any longer, and it goes longer. In the military special forces, training takes you to your limit and then one step beyond what you think you can endure. I never really thought of God teaching perseverance that way, but looking back that is what happened. Every time we thought we were at the end of the rope, God would push us out a little farther. And somehow, there was always just a little bit of rope left.))

No comments:

Post a Comment