Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Historical QT 28 Dec 1987 / 21 Jan 1988, Times of excitement and times of terror

28 Dec 1987:
Zech 2:13 (NIV) Be still before the Lord, all mankind, because he has roused himself from his holy dwelling.

NOTE: My heart wants to break out in the song: "Be still my soul! The Lord is on thy side; Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain; Leave to thy God to order and provide; In every change He faithful will remain. Be still my soul! Thy best, thy heavenly friend, through thorny ways leads to a joyful end." This is my prayer and my hope of your promise Lord. Help me to be still these days and trust you for the future. Thank you for your exceeding kindness to me.

21 Jan 1988:
NOTE: I'm not sure I can say what I wrote above now. I'm not bitter at you God, I'm just tired. The pain you've brought has been great, far beyond my ability to bear. The suffering is overwhelming at times. I love my son Luke, but I was not prepared for the emotional and physical demands he would place on the rest of the family. He is part of the family, I do not desire that you would take him for us, rather I ask that you would help us. Give us supernatural strength to bear the burdens. Carry us through the high waters. Make these days, days of joy and healing. I ask for peace, calmness, and special grace. And most of all, when we can, use us to help other families.

((TODAY, 11 July 2012: There are three weeks of an empty journal between 28 Dec 87 and 21 Jan 88. Part of that was buying a house, moving into the house, getting our household goods delivered, holidays, starting a new job, and Luke's arrival from the intensive care unit into our house on 16 Jan.  They were days of great excitement and days of sheer terror. The stress level was very high. We were exhausted physically and emotionally. It was hard to think of the future because it was hard to think of how to finish the day. But we lived through it, and we were not abandoned, although at times it did feel that way.))

No comments:

Post a Comment