Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Historical QT 27 Oct 1987, God has called us to live for him TODAY

2 Cor 12:10 (NIV) That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

NOTE: Father, I'm not sure I can say this completely. Difficulties are very tough, not only on me but on my family. Yet I know that through them we grow. I've seen a lot of growth in my life and Sharon's as we approach Luke's birth. We need to continue to grow, but please Lord, allow Luke to live a normal life. Amen.

((TODAY, 4 Jul 12: At the time, if I knew what suffering awaited my family, I would have … I'm not sure … would have I fainted, given up, yelled at God, lived in trepidation? Would I have written, "we need to continue to grow?" I suppose those questions are useless academic exercises because, God only gives us the knowledge and peace we need for the moment we are living in. It does not help to know the future of our lives, for God has called us to the present. We are to live as his representatives now. What happens tomorrow, ... well, he will provide for that tomorrow. Luke does live a normal life today. He has his difficulties, but what person does not have obstacles? Life is not perfect or the way God intended because mankind rebelled in the garden. It won't be restored until Jesus rules again, in the millennial kingdom. I look forward to that day of justice and peace, and then truly normal lives.)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment