Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Historical QT 18 Dec 1987, First priority of life is our relationship with God


Rom 13:14 (NIV) Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.

NOTE: We are not to even think about sin. God wants us clothed with Jesus. Our every thought and action ought to have the blessing of God on it. Lord, I've learned much about how serious you consider our relationship. You are willing to take me through much to convince me it is the most important aspect of my life. Lord, how I pray I would never have to relearn this lesson.

((TODAY, 10 Jul 2012: Well, I might reword my thought today, but the bottom line is still the same. My relationship with my savior is the most important aspect of my life. And I have seen continually throughout scripture, when life is good and people fat and happy, we forget God. But when life turns sour, we turn back to God. And the more sour it turns, the more we seek him, although to be fair, some give up on faith as well. I would add a second lesson that I learned during those years, the first is the importance of my relationship with God, and the second is the importance of thankfulness. I think the two are tied together, because when I am thankful, I remember who has given me the blessings of life. Father, thank you for the years of communion. It is still hard to say that the heartache was worth it, because I am a coward to pain, but you have been gracious to me, and you have restored us. Thank you.))

No comments:

Post a Comment