Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Historical QT 21 Oct 1987, God answers prayer--not always as I would desire, but always for our best and his glory

Ps 65:5 (NIV)
You answer us with awesome deeds of righteousness,
O God our Savior,
the hope of all the ends of the earth
and of the farthest seas

NOTE: Lord, I know of your promise to answer prayer; I know of your power to answer prayer, but I don't know what is best. My prayer is that you would heal our baby boy and allow him the chance to live a normal life. I realize that eternity is far more important than a few measly years on earth and that your concern stretches well beyond earthly years. But I know that you did heal people while you were on earth and you were delighted to do it. Please delight yourself to heal our boy -- show your glory to all those who know his situation. Thanks. Amen.

((TODAY, 3 Jul 2012: At some point in the pregnancy, an ultrasound had indicated the potential for a severely handicapped child. We spent a lot of time praying during those days for our unborn son. Later, after the birth, doctors would make comments about apparent surgeries that never happened (cleft palate) or how he wasn't quite in any syndrome or how fortunate he was to be alive. Of course, it would have been much easier if there had been no problems at all, and for whatever reason, God did not answer those prayers at that time. I think one of the hardest lessons of life is learning that "no" is an answer to prayer.))

No comments:

Post a Comment