Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, July 13, 2012

Historical QT 2 Feb 1988, We really don't how tomorrow will compare today and it doesn't help to contemplate it


Ps 94:18-19 (NIV) When I said, "My foot is slipping,"
your love, O Lord, supported me.
19 When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought joy to my soul.

NOTE: I really can't take the pain or pressure much longer, I'm actually pass my breaking point. I can only believe that God has given me strength to carry me further. Yet lately, it has seemed at times that God has forgotten us, that he refuses to answer our prayers. Luke does not appear to make progress in his breathing or eating, and the pressure continues to grow on my family. I know Lord that you do answer prayer. I must assume then, that for reasons I can't understand that you have answered but not in the way we would like. At this point in our life, we need reassurance from you Lord that you have not forgotten us. I pray for Christian neighbors and friends whom could help and encourage Sharon while I'm at work. God if you won't answer prayers for me, please answer them for Sharon. Help her Lord, please. She carries a great burden and she much more than I needs reassurance of your love and concern. You said in your word--when our foot is slipping, your love supports us--support Sharon with your love. Pleas pour out your love on her abundantly. Help her to see that your love truly is boundless. O' the depth, the length, the height, and the width of God's love. Amen.

((TODAY, 13 Jul 2012: Those days seem so long ago. I would sleep on the floor of Luke's bedroom from midnight to 6am (when I left for work). I would suction him (trache) as needed and give him his food and meds, sometimes every two hours. Then Sharon would take over for the day until I returned home after work. She had the harder job--she also had the two year old to take care of in addition to running an in-home ICU for a baby. We were both very tired--I would take cat naps at work just to get caught up. And when you are tired, all suffering seems multiplied. It was a season, a long season, and we did not know that it would end. Sometimes people complain that Job's life came out well in the end but it ignores two facts: one, the children he lost never came back to life, and two, he didn't know it would ever end when he repented before God for his attitude and sin.))

No comments:

Post a Comment