Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, July 20, 2012

Historical QT 8 Mar 1988, God does answer prayer, but not always when we want or the way we want


Ps 86:12-13 (NIV) I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart;
I will glorify your name forever.
13 For great is your love toward me;
you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.

NOTE: Lately the days have seemed a bit easier. There has been joy and sadness. I feel, in a small way, that we have been delivered from the depths of the grave. We are still in the graveyard, but at least we can see a way out.

I'm encouraged by Luke's mental progress. He really is developing well. I'm very concerned about some physical problems. He is very congested lately. I hope it is symptomatic of his cold and a buildup from our lack of ability to properly care for him. One way you can reassure us Lord that we are not hurting him, is to bring him out of the cold in the same or better condition than when it started.

I do pray for healing for Luke. Father, I would pray for a miracle. I pray that his blockage or web would disappear. I pray his mind would overcome the lack of the corpus callosum . I pray he would be a very smart and sharp boy.

I know you are sovereign over our life God. I know you will do what is best, but you also tell us to pray; and so I have asked you. Amen.

((TODAY, 20 July 2012: God did answer many prayers, although things would get worse many more times. The lack of the corpus callosum has had little effect on Luke's life. He does function well. The tracheal web is gone, but his voice is diminished because of two later reconstructions that split the vocal cords. And he is a miracle, one that I am greatly proud of. This week he will start a new job as a security officer in a homeless shelter. Thank you Lord for your provision … we are not worthy of your goodness.))

No comments:

Post a Comment